Crash victims right to thousands in accident injury compensation

Car crash victims are quite often unaware of their entitlements to accident injury compensation. Dealing directly with an insurer means they will most likely offer you the lowest possible payout. So the question is “What can you do?” to make sure you get everything to which you are entitled to under the laws in the State or Territory in which the motor vehicle accident occurred.

Well the first thing to do is to follow all the correct procedures and this includes speaking to the right people which may include a specialist solicitor. Here is a step by step process to follow when you have been involved in a car accident.

Gather information

Gather as much information as possible. This includes full contact details of the other drivers involved and any witnesses. Also try to obtain police reports and witness statements if possible. In order to claim for accident injury compensation the incident MUST have been reported to the police. Report the incident immediately if you haven’t done so already

Seek medical attention

Seek medical attention right away. You may think you are ok but proper examination is a must. Some injuries like whiplash are not felt straight away. Documenting all medical treatment is required, even to the extent of keeping a daily dairy of how you feel, what treatment you had that day, and where you had the treatment. When it comes to accident injury compensation claims the more information to support your claim the better. Documenting all your medical examinations is necessary to support your insurance claim.

Lodge a claim

There are strict time limits that apply to lodging a claim. It is important to do so straight away. If you need forms or advice on how to complete the forms you can contact the Australian Injury helpline who offer free services to accident victims. Find out what you can claim and how to make a claim by calling the Accident Injury Helpline on 1300 188 784.

Speak to a lawyer

It can be hard to find a good lawyer and is best to seek advice from one who is recommended and a specialist in your type of claim and under the laws in the State or Territory of injury. The Australian Injury Helpline (1300 188 784) offer a free information service to injured victims and also a free referral service to specialist solicitors. Solicitors are hand selected and recommended based upon success rates and level of personalised services.